Here is some information concerning phase converters and wire rope hoist and crane that might help prevent problems.
Some have worked and others have burnt components.
1. The phase converter type required is for CNC machines. This type has a +/-5% tolerance. A tighter phase to phase tolerance can also be requested as an additional option. The Industrial Phase type converter allows too much of a voltage difference between load and no load and the inverters can shut down due to phase balance faults. Repeated faults can damage components.
2. The step-up/step down transformer, if used, must be connected in front of the phase converter. The multi-tap single phase transformer is preferred to insure the correct voltages can be achieved. Installing a three phase transformer after the phase converter increases the amount of voltage variances of the manufactured phase and will cause inverter faults/failures. By adding a multi-tap single phase transformer, you can order a standard 460 volt crane kit or hoist and a 460 volt phase converter due to transforming the input voltage before it goes to the phase converter.
3. The trolley and bridge auto-transformers must be properly connected before power is applied to the inverters. The voltage going to the inverters should be about 460 volts to allow variation of the manufactured phase.
4. All inverters must have line reactors to filter the noise.
5. The phase converter must be used for the crane/hoist only and must be sized correctly. An oversize phase converter can cause problems. Connecting other equipment to the phase converter can change the amount of power and loads to the equipment.
6. The manufactured phase should be on phase three. Proper phasing of the single phase electrical components (such as brakes, control transformers, etc.) will be required. There is a system that was installed in 2002 and has been working without problems. The company that supplied the 460 volt phase converter and single phase multi-tap transformer is:
7. an oversized industrial phase converter and the three phase buck/boost transformer. With auto-transformers the voltage going to the inverters was over 560 volts.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions
THIS POST IS ONLY GOING OVER OSHA REGULATIONS
OSHA REGULATION STATED BELOW
Warning device. Except for floor-operated cranes a gong or other effective warning signal shall be provided for each crane equipped with a power traveling mechanism.
When starting the bridge and when the load or hook approaches near or over personnel, the warning signal shall be
Lincoln Adams you can contact me at 859-431-2367